Saturday, November 22, 2008

Life Ain't Always Beautiful

For those country fans, you'll recognize this is a Gary Allan song. As I was getting ready this morning, I was thinking about how stressed we have all been over the past few weeks - dead and finals weeks have come and gone and guess what? We all survived. We survived pulling all-nighters, studying until we were slap happy and taking exams that lasted the entire two hours. And why? For most, so they can obtain good grades and go home.

However, for me, I just try to survive the weeks so I can get to the days after finals while still in Ada. Believe it or not, Ada is a pretty fun village after everyone leaves school. You don't have to deal with nearly as much drama and you see friends who you haven't seen all quarter. 

Last night, my friends had a Thanksgiving dinner at their house and I had so much fun. Sitting with people that I hang out and talk to on a daily basis made me realize how lucky I am and how hard leaving this school will be in a few months. I mean, these are the people that I went to a gay bar with, have too many inside jokes to remember, met and stayed with their families, will have my back in a fight, and can call whenever I need anything (and vice versa). 
 
I didn't think about it much until the song came on this morning. Life isn't always beautiful. We have hardships and drama, but without these problems, life wouldn't be nearly as interesting. In the words of Mr. Allan, "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

No comments: