Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Here we go...

I started my last first day of undergraduate school today. Needless to say, it is very bittersweet. I can't believe this is my last year at Ohio Northern but I am excited to start my life and move to the big city...but I guess any city is a big city compared to Ada. I am just scared because in less than nine months, I have to become a big kid.

The first weekend back and moving freshmen in made me feel very old. Listening to the newbies talk about the wild college parties they'll attend makes me laugh. I did not want to burst their bubble by telling them those do not really exist. They are all so innocent and it makes me smile. 

Something else that has made me feel old is being a Rho Gamma, which is a sorority recruitment counselor. I love seeing how excited the young women are to begin their journey through Greek Life. I am also helping these women ease into campus life and be there to answer any questions they might have about college. I have my first meeting tonight, so we shall see how it goes.

No comments: