Tuesday, October 28, 2008

You Are What You Publish

I am going to be blunt - this past week's reading was very boring. I feel horrible saying this because "The New Rules of Marketing & PR" by David Meerman Scott is always very interesting. However, chapter 10 just seemed like common knowledge. I feel the information has been preached to me throughout college, especially recently since I am finishing my marketing minor. 

The chapter discusses tailoring your PR and marketing plan to your customers and their persona. Now, if there was a great amount of new information in this chapter, I recommend you take a few marketing classes. Both consumer behavior and retailing focus on the consumers, their persona and how to position a good/service/organization. Maybe this information seems like common sense to me since we're being taught these methods in our classes. We haven't graduated and are not disconnected from the newest trends in PR and marketing. I think if you're a professional, this information will be excellent for you. I am looking forward to reading the other chapters in this book by Scott.

No comments: