Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Overview

You know the end of the quarter is near when you don't have any more readings on the syllabus. 

For today's class, we finished my favorite book of this quarter, "Citizen Marketers" by Ben McConnell and Jackie Huba. Even though Alisa almost didn't use this book, I feel this made up for the other books we had to read that I have been vocal about not liking (sorry, just telling the truth). "Citizen Marketers" taught us, I feel, more about grassroots campaigns and using word of mouth to our advantage. I believe that as PR practitioners and members of student-run firms, using these type of tactics are very beneficial and are sometimes forgotten among all the other tactics. Overall, I enjoyed this book a great deal and think any PR student should read McConnell and Huba's work. 

2 comments:

Ben McConnell said...

Wow. Thanks for the awesome comments and recommendation. Glad you found the book helpful with your studies.

Katalyn said...

I loved this book and I know many of my other classmates enjoyed "Citizen Marketers" as well. Thanks for writing such an awesome book!