Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Frustration

I held my last Rho Gamma meeting last night before rounds start. After having 30+ girls turn in their application forms on my floors, I was very disappointed and discouraged after the meeting. My partner and I only had 11 girls show up... 11 out of 71 makes you feel like you're doing something wrong. 

I understand that freshmen are stressed about classes and being in a new place, but to go from one extreme to another is slightly ridiculous. Maybe I don't understand because I have grown up knowing I have wanted to go Greek since I was in middle school. My cousin, who I am exactly like, was in a sorority and was President (for those of you know me, I followed in her foot steps), has always talked to me about Greek life. My mom always looked at Greeks favorably, too, and I didn't know why until I decided to go through recruitment (she happened to be a Tri-Delt at OSU for a little time). 

I just wish I could communicate with these girls to give recruitment a try. All I want is for them to come to the first round this Friday to meet new people. If going Greek isn't for you, I understand completely... I just don't want a girl to not have an open mind when they aren't even sure what these organizations are like.

No comments: