Sunday, October 19, 2008

Last Homecoming

Homecoming weekend is one of the best weekends in Ada. You get to see old friends, meet new people and hear wonderful stories about ONU years ago. Usually, I always look forward to Homecoming since the festivities give you an excuse to do nothing for a whole weekend. However, this year was different.

As another post has indicated, I am having quite a problem being a senior. This weekend really hit me that this was my last Homecoming weekend as an undergraduate. Next year I will be coming back as an "old" person, not knowing any of the new DZs or what is even going on at ONU. I realize this might sound silly for me to be freaking out about, but I am just having a hard time adjusting to getting older.

On a positive note, this weekend was a great amount of fun. I always love seeing friends who graduated my freshman year and meeting Greek alumni. They always tell the best stories about the pranks they pulled that are legendary. When a group of older DZs come to the house, you always have to laugh to yourself because you know they will share their knowledge about everything with you, and I do mean everything (I was given advice on how to raise children). The women stand around, telling stories about each other and reminiscing about the "good old times." A small smile creeps upon my lips, wondering if my friends and I will be like that some day. I can only hope to be so lucky.

1 comment:

amckelveydz said...

We will be just like that. Probably cooler with even better stories though. Our pranks are definitely top notch.