Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What is going on Obama?

Change. That was the basis of Barack Obama's award-winning presidential election which resulted in him being elected. However, I feel like we're starting to see the same old song and dance.

Even though Obama has been President-elect for only one month, he is already starting to dodge questions. As we all are aware, the hot topic in politics lately he has been about Illinois Governor Blagojevich trying to sell Obama's Senate seat and the involvement of Obama's own team members. In a recent interview with John McCormick, as seen here in Campbell Brown's "Cutting Through the Bull,"  Obama is asked about his Senate seat. And what is the response McCormick receives? He is interrupted and is given an almost rude answer from Obama.

Granted, I am sure our President-elect is getting annoyed by this topic. However, he cannot dodge the questions he doesn't want to answer.

After watching Brown's show, I am disheartened. I feel betrayed to a certain extent. I have been supporting someone I thought stood for change and being open with the nation - not secretive and rude to reporters. I want the President-elect back that we saw over the past few months; the one who wanted change and promised to bring that to the White House.

Who knows, maybe this is the Obama that has always been there but we were blinded by the glitz and glamor. I guess time is going to reveal our President-elect's true character and hopefully we will once again see the open, change-seeking man we elected.

2 comments:

Evan E. Roberts said...

OH I KNOW!! I have really been watching to see if he maintains the transparency that was the hallmark of his campaign, but to some extent, we have to realize that all that glitter's isn't gold. Even if it's our golden by Obama.

amckelveydz said...

As you know, I was not an Obama fan. But once he was elected, I swallowed my pride and tried to look at the good in the elect. I thought maybe, if all of America supported the change he promised, I should too. And at first, I was more supportive. I thought that maybe he meant everything he said. But now, I am back to where I started. One factor inncident Katalyn brought up. Another was when he was selecting people into his cabinet. He said prior to being elected that he did not want the typical politicians from Washington. And what did he do? He chose people from Washington who are the exact opposite of what he said in his campaign. Hopefully, Obama gets back to the way he was during his campaigning.