Friday, November 28, 2008

My Fourth Thanksgiving in Two Weeks...

Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday. Many people are in disbelief when I say this since Christmas is often viewed as the best day of the year. I will admit, I love that season but I don't like what Christmas has become - too commercialized and everyone worrying about getting people the perfect gifts. Thanksgiving, on the other hand, is all about being with your family - friends/relatives/neighbors - and having a good time. 

With Christmas, you have all this build up for a day of unwrapping gifts and trying to figure out what to do with that pink bunny suit your aunt made you (A Christmas Story anyone?). Christmas is pretty much over in a few hours. However, Thanksgiving can be stretched out over the entire day and is not nearly as stressful as other holidays. Today was about being with the ones you love while eating, drinking and being merry. Thanksgiving is a calm day in which I get to cook (one activity I LOVE) and have people enjoy what I made. I love this holiday so much that I enjoyed four of them - today being my last one. I must admit, my third Thanksgiving with my friends may have been my favorite though - I mean, they have become family away from home and the experience was unique.

No comments: