Tuesday, October 28, 2008

National Conference - Take 3

Well, another PRSSA National Conference has come and gone. I must admit, every Conference is different, no matter how many times you have attended. As this was my third, and hopefully not final, National Conference, I kind of have some experience with national events. However, this year was different for many reasons. 

Out of all the Conferences, I felt this was very unorganized. Maybe I am just being very critical and expecting a great amount, but no one knew what was going on. I would ask National Committee members questions about what was supposed to be happening and they didn't even know. We also didn't get the usual papers telling us what type of restaurants and places we should visit while in town. However, I must give the Conference Committee props since the odds weren't in their favor. I know I was concerned about going to Detroit but the Conference Committee and PRSA did a very nice job on making this city less scary.

While at Conference, ONU won some major awards. A graduate won the National Gold Key Award, which is the highest honor any PRSSA member can receive, and another was bestowed with the National President's Citation. However, the most important and exciting award ONU received was the Teahan University Service award. I was ecstatic about the Teahan because all of the work Vision Communications, our student-run firm, did counted toward this award. 

I didn't realize this until I was talking with the past president today. I am just glad that all of the hard work VisComm has been doing was recognized at the national level. So, I just wanted to thank everyone who has worked on campaigns and has made VisComm what the firm is today. Without your help, we would not have been able to win the Teahan.

No comments: